BellMark is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and talented Managing Director for our growing middle market investment banking practice. Primary responsibilities include originating and leading the execution of M&A advisory and private capital raising transactions. This professional will have strong marketing and relationship skills, and a broad referral network from which to generate new business for the firm.
Our Managing Directors are supported by an experienced team of mid-level and junior bankers. BellMark is a generalist firm and is seeking a Managing Director specializing in, or having broad experience across, Industrials, Business Services, Consumer & Retail, Technology, or Healthcare services.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Actively pursue business development opportunities and originate new client engagements for the Firm within selected industry sector(s).
- Develop prospect and referral networks and support firm efforts in developing and executing business development and marketing strategies.
- Maintain deep knowledge and expertise across industry sector(s).
Deal Execution Responsibilities
- Lead deal teams on a variety of transactions from initial opportunity development and client pitch, to transaction execution and closing.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of client relationships, transactions, and investment banking teams and serve as primary client contact on engagements.
- Provide leadership, professional development and mentoring for junior staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of experience at boutique or regional investment bank focused on M&A.
- Proven track record of fee generation through new business development efforts, originating, executing and closing investment banking engagements.
- Established relationships and contacts with private equity firms, middle market businesses, and referral sources.
- Deep knowledge, expertise, and transaction history within selected industry sector(s)
- Demonstrated experience with managing day-to-day aspects of client relationships, transactions, and investment banking teams.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of the sell-side M&A process, complex transactions, creating buyer/seller strategies, deal structuring and negotiation.
- An appetite to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to think creatively and act collaboratively, playing a key role in driving the Firm’s long-term success.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with MBA preferred but not required.
- FINRA Series 7 or 79 is required, Series 24 preferred but not required.
About BellMark Partners, LLC
BellMark Partners, LLC with offices in Boston and Cleveland, is an independent investment banking firm focused on providing M&A advisory and investment banking services to middle market companies primarily across the Business & Technology Services, Consumer, Industrials, and Healthcare industries. BellMark Partners provides advice to family, entrepreneur, and other privately-owned companies; private equity and family office-owned companies; and small to mid-cap public companies. Our range of services includes M&A advisory, exclusive sale mandates, strategic alternative reviews, valuations, fairness opinions, and raising capital for growth, acquisitions, recapitalizations, buyouts, and general corporate purposes. For more information, please visit our website at www.bellmarkpartners.com.